dinsdag 10 maart 2009

Bad Jokes

The day before yesterday I saw the movie A Prairie Home Companion. The story on it's own isn't that great. It's about a home radio variety show recorded and performed live in front of an audience in a theater in St. Paul, Minnesota. The problem is that the show is too old and has therefor been canceled. The performers know it's there last night, but the audience doesn't. As viewer you see how the performers react on the canceling of the show and how there lives are connected with it.

for me the story alone doesn't make the movie great, but the music does. Just like O Brother, Where Art Thou?, but that one had also a great story. It's the same sort of music, and I just loved it. One song in particular. When I heard this one I just laughed. And here it is for you to watch :)

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten