zondag 22 februari 2009

New Lily Allen

Last week I got a copy of the new cd of Lily Allen, It's not me, it's you. I'm a big fan of her first album Alright, still. And at first I thought her first album was better than this one. But after I've listened to it with some more attention I have to say: this new one is a little bit better.

The sound goes more to Pop then her first one...With a more electro-sound in it (I'm missing her Ska influence)... But the lyrics are overall better. Probably because of all the shit she's been going trough. Heart murmur, miscarriage, brake up with boyfriend etc.

Here a youtube movie of her first videoclip of her new album.


It's not my favorite number of the cd, but it gives a nice example off which way Lily Allen went with her music.

And here a little extra. A cover of Britney's Womenizer, but better. :P

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten